Students who attended Spring 1985 or before must mail or submit in person the Transcript Request Form to the Registrar's Office. If exact dates of attendance are not known then please use the SF ID lookup application HERE to verify if an online record is available.
- Mail-in instructions:
- Fill out the Request form as much as possible, if SF ID is not known then include the last 4 digits of social security number.
- Payment must be check or money order and payable to SAN FRANCISCO STATE UNIVERSITY.
- Cost per transcript is $8.00.
- Transcripts are processed within 5 - 10 business days upon receipt of request.
- Faxed or emailed requests are not accepted. Rush or Overnight delivery options are not available.
- In-Person instructions:
- Must have valid photo ID, either government issued or a SFSU ID.
- If record is available then only two transcripts can be printed per request, if more are needed then they will be mailed.
If authorizing a third party to pick up transcripts, third party must have the following:
- Signed written authorization from requesting student.
- Valid photo ID from third party and copy of valid photo ID from requesting student.
- Acceptable forms of ID include a valid driver's license, a valid state ID, or a valid passport.