Students not attending a class in which they are enrolled must drop or request to withdraw from the class; failure to do so will result in a failing grade on the student's record (F or WU). Withdrawing occurs when you request to remove yourself from classes AFTER the drop deadline. Please review Dropping & Withdrawing for policy guidance as well as things you should consider prior to requesting to withdraw.
- In the Academics section, click on the Enroll link.
- Click on the "Withdraw" tab.
- To begin your request for to withdraw, click on the "Create New Request" button.
- Check the box for the class(es) from which you request to withdraw.
- Boxes will not appear if you have already reached the withdraw limit or if a request is already in progress.
- Read the acknowledgment, check the box to acknowledge, then click on the "Next" button.
- You will need to provide the reason(s) for your request to withdraw. Enter your justification for the request in the text box provided.
- If you would like to provide supporting documentation for your request, click the Add button to upload your documents (PDF and JPEG formats preferred). Note: Documentation is required for requests during or after the thirteenth week of instruction.
- You must click “Submit” to have your request to withdraw submitted for review.
- You will see a confirmation that your request was submitted.
This request will be forwarded through the approval process: Instructor, Department Chair, and Dean of Undergraduate Education and Academic Planning (if applicable). You’ll need to continue to attend classes until your request has been approved. Not all requests are approved – you will receive an email once your request has been approved or denied.
You can return to the Withdraw Request Summary page to view the status of your request.