When to Use
Before the third week of instruction (drop deadline)
Note: Prorated refund schedule may apply even when dropping by the drop deadline
- Students are able to drop classes during the first three weeks of the term without restriction or academic penalty and can do so via their Student Center. Visit SF State's instruction page for help.
- Students who drop all classes during the first three weeks of instruction are not considered enrolled for the current semester.
- Continuing students who do not enroll for two consecutive terms (excluding summer and winter) must apply for readmission to the University.
- New students who drop all classes within the first three weeks of the first term must apply for readmission to the University.
- Students who drop all classes after the first day of instruction must contact the Bursar's office regarding refunds. Please see Bursar’s Pro-Rata/Refund Guidelines for financial impacts
- Students who reside on campus and have an active lease must contact the Housing Office.
- The processing time is 7-10 business days.
How to Submit
- Complete all fields that apply to you
- Submit to the Registrar’s Office in person, by mail, or email